Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Impressions Concluded


So, do you guys remember that cool book I was talking about? (The one called Keeper of the Lost Cities) Well, Shannon Messenger's book, Keeper of the Lost Cities comes/came out today! So, I think it's FINALLY time for that review I was talking about! Enjoy:)

A girl a with special powers, and a strange family, Sophie goes through many tough things in Shannon Messenger’s new – and only – book, Keeper of the Lost Cities. (Her OTHER book, Let the Sky Fall, comes out March 5th, 2013!)

(Here is another place to read about BOTH of Shannon's books!)

When reading this book, you do NOT want to put it down. It’s that riveting, and just plain marvelous. Full of new foods (Shannon, I would love to try mallow melt cake with you), creatures we’ve all heard of (in new ways), and a completely imaginative, new story. 

We all have to make decisions in life, but not like Sophie. What would you feel like if some random boy came and told you that your life was about to change forever, that you aren’t who you were raised to be, and whisked you away to some city you were raised to think was a fairy tale? Would you believe him (not to mention that in a girl’s eye he’s INCREDIBLY cute)? What if since you woke up in a hospital at age 5, you could read minds? Sophie gets stuck in that decision.  

I DEEPLY recommend this book, so please go and check it out!

Make sure to go to your nearest bookstore (or Amazon or iTunes or whatever)  TODAY, and scope out the store! :)

*Brain Food*
 I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?

~~Middle Grade Madi~~ 

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Thanks for the insight Maddie! I'll have to get this book for my son.

Matthew MacNish said...

We have to fix your settings. I think your post clock is set to Pacific time.